➦ Why Is My Netgear Router Not Connecting To Internet?
You must be wondering what to do in the case when the issue of Netgear router no internet issue arises. In such a case, you must try to restart your modem. Then, give a gap of one minute and turn on the router once again. After that, reboot your computer system. You can also try turning on some other gadget like tablet, kindle, and phone.
After that, it is important for you to check whether your router and modem light are turned on or not. If the light is turned on, then that means your internet is working properly. Now, try to connect your internet to the computer system. If you are looking for detailed solutions for how to solve the Netgear router not connecting internet problem, then read below.
➠ Reset the Router to Default Settings
In case the power cycling process does not work out for you, then you can try resetting your wireless router to resolve the issue of Netgear router won't connect to the internet. These are some of the steps that you have to follow for reconfiguration of your Netgear router.
- Take a paperclip or a pen and use it to press the reset key at your router’s back. Press and hold the reset key and keep on holding it for a duration of 30 seconds.
- As you hold the reset key, you will observe that your Netgear router’s light is blinking. If that happens, then it means that the router is being reset.
- Now to get rid of Netgear router won't connect to internet problem, turn on your modem and Netgear router once again.
- After the completion of the resetting process, you can configure a router as if it is brand new.
- Once that is done, then you can connect your modem with the router through the use of ethernet cable. Connect the wire to the WAN port.
- Now, link your mobile phone or computer system to the network through a wireless network or with the use of a wire. By resetting your router, your Netgear router no internet problem will definitely get solved.
➠Netgear Cable Internet Connection
In case you are looking solutions for Netgear router cable internet connection to solve the problem of router says connected but no internet access, then this is what you need to do.
- Unplug the power cords of your router and modem.
- Use the ethernet cable for linking your router and modem.
- Take another ethernet wire and link its one end to your computer system and the other end to your router’s LAN ports.
- Connect the modem back to a power source and then wait for some time so that the lights get stable.
- Also, connect the router’s back to the power source, then wait for some time so that the light becomes solid green.
- Type-in this IP address in the address bar of your web browser and then click on the search icon.
- After that, you will enter the login page where you will have to enter your login credentials.
- Once you have entered the username and password, then a new page will open up in front of you.
- On that page, first, go to Advanced and then move to Setup Wizard.
- After that, choose yes and then hit on Next.
Once the setup procedure is completed for the configuration of the internet connection. The congratulations page will appear on the screen.
So, these are the two different procedures that you have to follow to solve your problem of Netgear router not connecting internet. In this article, you have solutions for both wired as well as a wireless internet connection. We hope that the above-provided solutions work out for you.