To secure your asus router, you need to make some changes in its wireless setup. The changes can be displayed as following;
- Change your default password and make it a bit complex.
- Change the default IP range.
- Disable wireless if not used.
- Enable wireless security.
- Change SSID ( network name )
To secure your ASUS router follow these guidelines;
- Connect the router to your computer using an ethernet cable.The LAN port of router and the ethernet port of your computer should be connected via single ethernet cable.The ADSL cable of modem goes inside the wan part of router.Now turn on and off the computer, router, and broadband/cable modem,and wait for it to boost up.
- Open your web browser and enter the default IP address 192.168.1.1.
You will be prompted to enter the username and password. The username will be admin and the password will be admin again.
- Once the wireless settings page opens, click on operation mode and select wireless router mode (default) and save changes.
- Go to the network map on the left side of wireless setup navigation panel. Here you change the network name (SSID).
- Select authentication method as WPA2-Personal.
- In the password field, type a strong password that no one can guess except you. Click on apply to save changes.
- It will display a progress report until it’s done.
- Congratulations you have successfully configured and secured your ASUS router.