Many of the users have encountered the problem of Lexmark printer going offline again and again. If you don’t understand how you can bring your offline Lexmark printer back online, then these are some of the steps that you need to follow.
1) Carefully check the connection
Please check that each of the ends of the ethernet wire are inserted in a proper manner in the ports of the printer and computer system.
2) Manually set the Lexmark printer online
- Go to the start menu and then navigate to the control panel to bring the Lexmark printer back online.
- Then, you must tap on the option of devices and printers and find your printer.
- After that, on your printer select see what is printing by clicking on the printer.
- Then for bringing Lexmark printer back online, a pop up window will open up. There you need to go to the top bar and select the printer.
- Now, move to the drop down menu and select the option of use printer online. Then, you printer will setup online manually.
3) Remove all the pending print jobs
- For deleting the pending jobs, you need to first go to the menu of see what is printing.
- Then, you need to select Cancel for erasing the print jobs that are present at the moment.
- After that choose use printer online.
- In case there is any obstinate print job , then you must reboot your Lexmark computer and printer.
4) Reinstall and remove your Lexmark printer
Go to the menu of devices and printers. After that, right click on your printer. After that, select the option of remote device. Then, choose the option of add printer once again in order to add another printer. For that you must go to the panel of devices and printers.
5) Remove packages and drivers
Mentioned below is the pointwise explanation of the process to delete drivers and packages.
- Go to admin and log into your Windows operating system.
- Then, move to the start menu and then to All programs.
- After that, you must go to accessories and then to command prompt.
- You need to put printui/s/t2 in the command prompt and then hit enter.
- After that, print server properties will open up in front of you.
- Now finally, remove drivers and packages.
- Then, you must add a Lexmark printer by going to the panel of devices and printers.