Upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 sure is an exciting thing to do but sometimes the user may have to face some issues because of upgradation. Some of the users have launched a complaint that they have not been able to access external hard drive on Windows 10.
If your experiencing external hard drive issues in Windows 10 but there were no such issues in your previous operating system. Then, it basically means that your driver software is broken or outdated. The first thing that you can do to deal with the problem of how to find my hard drive on Windows 10 is to go for hardware troubleshooting.
Steps to do hardware troubleshooting to detect my hard drive on Windows 10
- Go to the search box and type troubleshooting in it.
- Now, navigate to configure a device and click on it.
- After that, a pop-up window will appear, hit on next and carefully follow all the given instructions for finishing the procedure.
If the above-stated process does not work out for you, then you can try updating your drivers by following two different methods.
Manually updating the driver to detect my hard drive on Windows 10
- First of all press the Windows key and R key together at the same time for going to the device manager. After that, open the Run dialog. Now, enter devemgmt.msc.
- When you will type it, a list will appear in front of you. In case the red or yellow signs are appearing then that means the device is having some kind of compatibility issues.
- Once you locate the name of the device, right click on it for selecting Update Driver Software. Additionally, if you observe any unknown devices, then they should be updated as well.
- Choose the option of “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
- Also, properly follow the guidelines for finishing the procedure.
➠Update drivers using driver easy
In case you are still going through the problem of not being able to detect my hard drive on Windows 10, then you can try out doing automatic driver update. This is an alternate if you are not able to update the drivers manually.
Driver easy is perfect for recognizing operating systems and find out accurate drivers for it. There is no need for you to know on which OS your computer is running. Moreover, there isn’t any risk of installing and downloading the incorrect driver. Hence, you won’t make any errors at the time of installation.
You have a choice, you can either update pro or free version. But the updates can be done in an easier manner if you use Pro version as it is just a matter of few clicks.
- First of all download driver easy and then install it.
- Now, run this software and click on the button of “Scan Now”. After that, this software will start detecting issues in your drivers. This is one of the most convenient ways to access external hard drive on Windows 10.
- Click on the button of update for downloading and installing the right version automatically. Also, you can choose to click on the Update All for installation of all the drivers, which are outdated or missing.
Once the driver is automatically updated, then find my hard drive on Windows 10 issue will also be resolved.