Is your Canon printer going off while printing over Mac? Sometimes, it might happen that whenever a user is connecting the Canon Printer to their Mac, then printer shows an offline message though it is actually not. Restarting the printer and Mac also doesn’t help in resuming online printing. This blog gives you a basic troubleshooting sequence and tips to get back Canon printer online on Mac.
Whenever a printer appears offline, you can’t send documents to your printer using Mac OS or Mac X OS. This offline issue generally occurs when the printer is unable to print and communicate with the computer. These basic troubleshooting steps discussed in the next segment resolves offline printer notifications. If you use a Mac OS, an offline printer is marked by an exclamation mark inside of a triangle. Once you resolve the issue preventing your printer from coming online, all the queued print jobs are resumed and you can get back to manage your business. For advanced cases, you might need to reset the printing system and reinstall your printer to get back to work.
Get Canon Printer Online On Mac
Check wires and connection
Ensure all the connections are properly done. For this, you have to check that all cable connections between your Canon printer and Mac are done correctly without any wire break. The connection type depends on the method through which you have to connect your printer to Mac. Also, make sure that no cables are loose in between else your Mac system will not recognize your printer and hence will create online printing issues.
Reset Canon Printer Machine
- Resetting your printing system is the first step. Click on the Apple Menu icon and then select “System Preferences” option. Then under the Hardware section, click on “Print & Scan” option.
- Now, you can see the printer and scanner popup window on your screen. Click on the printer list shown in the left side panel of the window. Choose your Canon printer model and tap on the “Reset Printing System” option from the control popup options.
- Ensure that your Canon printer is securely connected to your Mac system via wireless or through an ethernet cable connection.
- In the next step, tap options in a given order as Apple menu >> System Preferences >> Print & Sc
- Now, click on the “+” symbol in order to add your Canon printer over Mac system. You can add a new printer machine to work on Mac only if that doesn’t exist in the printer list shown in the side panel.
- Lastly, choose your printer from the list of installed printers on Mac and then click on Add. Once you make printer selection, Mac OS X automatically starts downloading and installing the latest software for your Canon printer.
- Try printing a document after choosing your Canon printer from the list. By doing this, a yellow light will appear next to your printer’s name and you can click on the Resume button. If still, it is unable to print then reset your printing system again.
Some other troubleshooting tips
- Check whether the printer’s paper tray is clean and there is no paper jam inside. Look up to the manufacturer’s user manual for clearing a paper jam if one is present.
- Ensure your printer has enough quantity of paper for printing and all of them are aligned properly. If necessary, add more paper to the printer tray.
- Ensure that the printer ink refill is full of ink and doesn’t show any “low ink” warning on the printer control panel screen. In the case of “low ink” issue, immediately replace the previous ink cartridges with the new ones.You can immediately check the ink cartridge levels if they have a window to view the ink levels.
- Install all other available updates for your Canon printer by choosing the “Software Update” option under the Apple menu. After updating the printer software, choose “Restart” option from the drop-down Apple menu.
- Ensure that your printer is turned ON and it is properly plugged into the socket and getting required power.
Hope this post information helps you to make your Canon printer online on Mac for flawless printing.