As we all know that wireless routers have become a fundamental need for every individual. Whether at home or in office wireless routers are needed everywhere. The best thing about having a Wi-Fi is that you can share the network with a number of users concurrently. If the signal strength of your wireless router is not good enough to reach every floor or room in your house, then in such a case you require a wireless extender. A wireless extender can help you get good network coverage.
It is necessary for you to know how to secure TP link wireless extender as it is very helpful. Once you properly configure and install the extender. A person who is using a TP-link can take benefits of Wi-Fi connectivity to a large range by using a wireless extender.
How to secure TP link wireless extender?
So, here are some of the steps that you are required to follow if you want to know about TP-link wireless extender security.
- Open your internet browser i.e. Firefox OR Google Chrome and then put in the IP address of your Wi-Fi extender.
- You can type in the default IP address 192.168.1.1/192.168.1.254/192.168.0.254 in the URL section and then click on the search icon.
- Now, you will land on the login page where you will have to fill in the empty boxes of username and password. In case you are talking about default username and password, then you will have to enter admin in the username and the password box.
Move to the configuration page of the TP-link router
- For TP link wireless extender security, you need to move to the administration settings and then make changes in the password.
- After that, you need to change the SSID for your wireless extender.
- Then, select SSID name and then finally go to connect and click on it.
Go to security settings to secure TP link wireless extender
- Move to wireless security and then enable it. Once TP link wireless extender security is enabled, move to the configuration of security.
- Enter the security type and then move to the WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK security option. After that, enter encryption, which is AES or TKIP.
- Now, enter your password in the PSK box.
- After that, go to the button of saving for applying the settings. If you are concerned about TP-link wireless extender security from hackers, then enable the firewall. If you follow all the above-stated steps, you can ensure TP link wireless extender security.
So, these are some of the steps that you are required to follow in order to secure TP-Link wireless extender. We hope that the above solution of securing TP link wireless extender works out for you.