Belkin routers are the best Wi-Fi routers in terms of durability as well as connectivity. These routers are amazing for official use and are equally great for home. Mentioned below are some of the steps that you need to perform for setting up a Belkin wireless router.
Prerequisites for setting up the router
- Internet connection provided by the internet service provider such as verizon, comcast, at&t or some other service provider.
- Ethernet wire for connecting the modem to the router.
- A PC
Install your router
- To start with, connect your internet router to the power source and then turn on the router.
- Use a cable for connecting your modem to the router.
- Now to setup Belkin router, connect your computer system and router using an ethernet wire.
- Reset your router if you do not have an ethernet wire and then click on your computer’s wireless icon.
- Now to setup Belkin router, link it with a belkin router that is not secured and launch your internet browser.
- After connecting the router to the computer system, open any internet browser such as internet Explorer, Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox and enter the IP address 22.214.171.124 and then press enter.
Setup page or Dashboard will open up
After that, the modem will start detecting the router and you can do the configuration of the router settings such as the name of the network and the password.
- You can go to the wireless settings and change the password and then make those changes applicable.
- Once you are done setting up the Belkin router, restart your computer system as well as the router.
- Now, finally your router has been configured and you can use the internet.
Problems that one can face during setup
At the time of setting up your router you may feel that it is not detecting the modem. If that is the case, then all you need to do is to restart your router and modem. Try going through the setup guide once again.
Another method to setup Belkin router
You can setup Belkin router just by using a single internet wire. This is an additional method for setting up your Belkin router.
- Take an ethernet wire and connect its one end to the modem and then other end to your
- Belkin router. Turn on your modem as well as the router.
- After that to setup Belkin router, if you will check on your PC, then you will find a new name of your wireless network.
- Just select it and then Belkin router web interface will open up.
- After that, you will be asked to enter a password. Carefully, look at your router box, there you will see a card. The default password is also written at your router’s back.
Reset the router if you cannot find the password
- Click on connect after entering the password or entering reset and you will be redirected to the setup page of the Belkin router. Follow the given instructions for setting up your Belkin router.
- You can lock the router by making some changes in the dashboard. There are certain settings that you can control by going to the websites, parental control, and channel ad password.
Some tips that you can use
In case, the steps given above don’t help you in any way, then you must not reset the password for more than 5 times. This will lead to a hardware issue in your router.
- Update the firmware of your Belkin router whenever it is required and then restart it once the update is complete.
- Please ensure that you check the type of connection for setting up your wireless router. Different type of available connections are static IP address, PPPOE, and dynamic IP connection.
How to setup Belkin router using Mac computer?
- Use an ethernet wire for connecting the Belkin router to the modem.
- Now to setup belkin router, restart your Mac computer as well as the Belkin router. When it is on, then log into your computer system.
- Now, on your computer screen, you will view a new Belkin router network in the list of available networks.
- Adhere to the instructions that you see and setup Belkin router by going to the settings.
- Setup the SSID name and password for your wireless router and save those settings. Now, the procedure to setup Belkin router is complete and you can use it.