TP link is a router brand that allows the connection of office or residential network to WAN. There are certain advanced preparations that you are required to make in order to Install TP link router Tl-wr841n.
Steps for advanced preparations:
- First of all to configure TP-Link router Tl-wr841n, power off your computer, Comcast modem, and TP-Link router.
- Now, you can link the WAN port of your TP-Link router to the modem by making use of Cat 5 Ethernet wire. Then, you should link the LAN port of your TP-Link router to your computer system by using Ethernet cable.
- Now, turn on your computer, Comcast modem, and TP-Link router.
Process to setup TP Link Router Tl-wr841n
- Login to the TP-Link router by entering https://tplinkwifi.net in the URL section and now press enter. Now, the login page will appear in front of you and then put in the credentials. Once you enter the username and password, then you can access the utility page of TP-Link.
- Look for WAN connection type after making an entrance in the TP-Link router wizard. In order to do so, go to the network and then move to the WAN. Select dynamic IP by moving to the right corner of the webpage. Then, go to the button of save and click on it.
- In the next step to configure TP-Link router Tl-wr841n, wait for some time and check the WAN section by going to the status page of your TP-Link router.
- If it displays that the IP address is valid, then that means the connection between TP-Link router and modem has been established.
Points to remember to install TP-Link router Tl-Wr841N
- To setup TP link router Tl-wr841n, connect your modem with the router through the Ethernet wire. Connect one end of the Ethernet in the yellow colored port of the TP-Link router and other end to your PC’s Ethernet port.
- After this, plug the adapter into the socket of the switchboard. Additionally, link the router with the TP Jack. Now, power on the router.
- After that, open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the URL section and then click on the search icon.
- In the next step to configure TP-Link router Tl-wr841n, a window will appear in front of you where you need to enter the username and password for the purpose of authentication.
- Now, press the button of firmware update by going to the setup wizard.
- Now, click on the button of “Choose File” and then select a factory image.
- To setup TP link router Tl-wr841n, ensure that router’s version and the model version match.
- Now, click on upgrade and confirm by choosing yes.
- Wait for some time so that your router restarts.
- Once the reboot process is complete. Go to setup wizard of TP-Link router by opening up the web page.
- Now, change the WAN type and enter the PPPOE password and username given by internet service provider.
- Now, save these settings.
- After that, go to the status option and if it shows valid IP address, then that means the connection has been established.