Usually when you buy any router, you get a CD along with it to complete the setup. Same is the case with TP link router. Incase you have lost the CD and want to set up your TP link router, follow these guidelines.
Setup TP Link Router Without Cd
- Connect the router to your computer using an ethernet cable.The LAN port of router and the ethernet port of your computer should be connected via single ethernet cable.The ADSL cable of modem goes inside the wan part of router.Now turn on and off the computer, router, and broadband/cable modem,and wait for it to boost up.
- Open your web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 as the default IP address. ( The default IP address can vary according to different regions)
- You will be prompted to enter the username and password in the login dialogue box. The username and password is admin in lower case.
- Now go to Quick setup and click on next.
- You will be prompted to choose the WAN connection type. Choose this option as PPPoE and click on next.
- Now type a new username and password and click on next.
- Change the network name (SSID).
- Choose the wireless security (authentication method) to WPA2-PSK.
- Type your password and click on next and then finish.
- Congratulations, you have now successfully configured your TP router without CD.