Canon Printer print after changing an ink cartridge
This problem of Canon Printer print after changing an ink cartridge can be caused because of some reasons. Mentioned below are some of the suggestions can help in finding out what the problem can be. Sometimes these suggestions can also help you in getting rid of the problem of the Canon Printer does not print after changing an ink cartridge.
- Initially, check the tab protecting the ink from spreading. If you have not removed the protective tape, then you must take it off immediately. This can be one of the reasons why the Canon printer is not printing.
- Check if you have interposed the ink cartridge in a proper manner. One of the reasons why ink does not get printed on the paper is because the ink cartridge is not inserted in a proper manner.
- In case the original position of the lever gets changed for installing the ink cartridges in a proper manner, then it is important for you to make sure that the liver came back to its previous position.
- Perform the head printing of your printer as much as possible.
- Try to reset the counter of ink cartridge. Take a look at the papers and documentations that come along with your device. This way, you will be able to obtain information about the specific device.
- Please make sure that no software issues are popping up and then start printing a test page. This will solve the issue of Canon Printer does not print after changing an ink cartridge.
- In case you have installed an ink tank in your printer which is not approved by the manufacturer of a printer. There is a chance that the cartridges that you have installed are not compatible with the printer.
- If you see that any indication lights are flashing, then you must take a look at the manufacturer’s web page or the documentation that comes together with the printer. .
So, above given are some of the reasons why the Canon printer does not print after replacing the ink tanks.
How to solve the problem of Canon printer not printing?
Reset the counter of ink cartridge
One of the reasons why the Canon printer does not print after changing the ink cartridge is because sometimes the printing machine does not recognize the ink tanks. Sometimes the ink counter also shows up blank. Whenever such a problem arises, then it can be sorted or resolved by using the cartridge reset feature. To perform the reset process, you need to press the cleaning button and keep on holding it for the next three seconds. After that, hold the clamp and lift it upwards. You should not take out the ink cartridge from the machine.
Now, close the clamp and press the button of load. You can also go through the manual to understand the process of how to reset the Canon printer.
Issues with the refilled cartridges
In case you were not able to fill up the ink cartridge in a proper manner, then that can lead to the problem of printer not printing. When you fill up the ink in the cartridge, then you must use the sponge for injecting the ink in the cartridge. The flow of ink sometimes get blocked when the bubble of air gets trapped in the cartridge.
In such a case, do not use the ink cartridge for at least 1 hour. If you do so, the the bubble of air will get dislodged on its own. If the problem still persists, then take out the ink cartridge and gently put it on the table so that the air bubbles can be dislodged.
Run the cleaning cycle
In case the ink starts to get dried, then you must run a long cleaning cycle, so that your printer can easily find the ink cartridge. Check the button of cleaning carefully and hold it for the next few minutes. For running a cleaning cycle, then you must read the manual carefully. Once you complete the cleaning cycle, then you must start printing a test page to find out whether your printer is printing in a proper manner or not.
We hope that the above mentioned solution worked out for you and solved your problem of Canon Printer does not print after changing an ink cartridge.